Personal/Health Information Privacy Commitment and Policy
At Carealot, your privacy is important to us. To help you understand how Carealot protects clients’ confidential personal/health information, we have developed the following Personal/Health Information Privacy Commitment document. This Privacy Commitment is Carealot’s commitment to you, as a valued client, that we will protect your personal/health information by adhering to the following principles:
• Carealot staff will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information you share with us.
• Carealot will limit the collection, use and disclosure of client information to what is necessary to deliver comprehensive home care services or to administer our home health business for clients.
• Carealot will only permit its authorized employees – those who are either providing direct health care service or providing administrative support – to have access to client information. In summary, only those staff who have a need to know or a right to know will have access to client information. This will apply to information in all forms – paper client charts, administrative forms, and electronically-based information.
• All Carealot employees will sign an individual confidentiality and privacy commitment upon employment. This commitment will be reviewed on a regular basis. All employees will undergo rigorous privacy education and regularly review privacy policies and procedures. Employees who violate our Privacy Commitment will be subject to our normal performance management process.
• Carealot will not reveal client information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the client in disclosures or agreements, have been authorized by the client, or are required to do so by law.
• Whenever Carealot contracts other organizations to provide support services, they will be required to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
• Carealot will not use or share – internally or externally – personally identifiable medical information for any purpose other than the provision or administration of a client’s home health service or account, or as disclosed to the customer when the information is collected, or to which the customer consents.
• Carealot will strive to keep all client files complete, up-to-date and accurate. We will advise clients how and where to conveniently access their health records information and how to notify us of errors, which will be promptly corrected.
• Website visitors ONLY: Please note that the Carealot website uses Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise Carealot’s services and our website content online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show these ads on sites across the Internet. Carealot and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Double Click cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads linking to relevant pages on www.saintelizabeth.com, based on past visits to the www.saintelizabeth.com website. Please be assured that this data does not link to or include any client information, nor are the statements above affected.